Workshop night photography
During this educational workshop you will go on an adventure with a professional photographer. During a city walk through Amsterdam you get useful tips on how to take the most beautiful photos in the dark.
These workshops are given in Amsterdam. A photo walk is made along the characteristic canals. Besides the canals, Amsterdam has many beautiful places to be photographed, our photographers know the hidden beauties of the city.
During this 'photo walk by night' you see the other side of the breathing city; in the dark. The workshops are from 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm. This workshop is not given in the summer months as it becomes dark to late.
The workshops are suitable for beginning and advanced photographers. It is important that you know how to set ISO and Aperture in your camera.
What are you going to learn
During the walk through Amsterdam the photographer explains a lot about technique and style. For example, you get started with:
- using the correct settings for a slow shutter speed, for example
- choosing the ISO value
- work with a tripod
- catching the right moments
- shooting from a different angle
- photographing unnoticed, so that you can capture the city in pure form
Take the following to the workshop:
- your photo camera (adjustable compact, system or SLR camera)
- properly charged battery
- a charged spare battery (night photography costs a lot of power)
- sufficient memory cards
- if you use an SLR and a compact camera in practice, take them both with you. Then the photographer can give tips on how you can use both
- if you have extra lenses, an 18-35 mm lens comes in handy
- camera manual (digital or physical)
- upon precipitation: umbrella and camera rain cover
- warm clothing, hat and gloves
Do you already have some experience with night photography but do you want to take this to a higher level? Then choose the basic night photography course. During this variant, we look in more detail at lighting, colors, sharpness of noise and flare. This workshop lasts 3.5 hours and includes an after-discussion with soup to warm up again.
|Persons||1 - 10|
|With a private workshop you are the only participant. Some workshops are always organized as a private workshop, others for a supplement or it is not possible.|
|Season||August until may|
|Only available during in its season. Please check the validity of your voucher.|
|Age||Min. 12 years|
|Valid for||1 year|
|How long the voucher is valid after issue.|
|Free cancellation||Within 2 weeks|
They don't like the present? You may cancel the voucher in 14 days after purchasing.
See also: our return policy
|Per person||€ 95|
|See all prices|
- Each workshop has a maximum of 6 participants. With 5 or 6 participants there are 2 accompanying photographers so that there is enough personal attention
- At an additional cost it is possible to follow a private workshop, which is then only with your own company
- The group workshops are on set days, see agenda. The private workshop can be given on other days on request
- The evening photography workshop is unfortunately not accessible for wheelchair users
- The workshops also take place in case of precipitation. The workshop will only be moved under very harsh conditions such as black ice
- The workshop is given from 1 August to mid-May. The sun sets too late in the summer months
See availabilityClick on a day to check availability